Strong missional support is a core value of Mosinee UMC. We are often involved in special projects locally, regionally, and globally.
An Alzheimer and Dementia Support Group now meets in the library of the church, the fourth Tuesday of each month. This is for caregivers and loved ones affected by these diseases. The meetings start at 2:00 p.m., facilitated by Rose Boron, previous owner of Acorn Hills. Please call the church office at 715.693.2125 with any questions.
We participate in these ongoing local missions:
- The Community Center of Hope, Inc. – Food pantry located in our facility serving Mosinee and southern Marathon County. (Contact 715.693.7145 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carpenters for Christ – Local handymen and women who work on homes and repairs for people in need. (Contact Rick Swanson, 715-693-1780 or email@example.com)
- The Community Garden – A garden full of vegetables, open to anyone hungry in our area. If you would like to help, contact the church office.
- Active Older Adults (AOA) – Weekly exercise programs for adults Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00am. (Contact the church office at 715-693-2125)
- Warm Up America – Knitting and needlepoint ministry providing afghans and knitwear (Contact Jean Zuelke – they meet October through April)
- Pet Food Mission – Ministry to feed the pets of people in poverty. (Contact the church office at 715-693-2125 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
We encourage our members to participate in mission trips each year. Some are low-cost regional trips like those sponsored by Wisconsin Volunteers in Mission (WISVIM), such as their annual June trip to the Red Cliff Reservation.