Worship is the heart of what we do at Mosinee United Methodist Church. We offer services in a variety of styles and at different times to help all people connect with God. In addition to our regular weekly worship, Mosinee UMC participates in many special worship opportunities.
Methodists practice open communion – meaning that all are welcome to participate in the sacrament, whether or not they are members of our church or denomination. Communion in the Methodist tradition is celebrated with grape juice instead of wine to accommodate those dealing with addictions. We also offer the option of gluten-free communion wafers. For more information, contact the pastor (email@example.com or 715-693-2125).
- 9:00am Worship year-round – A blend of traditional and contemporary songs. Open communion every Sunday.
- 7:45am Morning Prayer – Brief morning prayer service features acappella hymn singing, scripture reading, and prayer. Free coffee! In the prayer chapel next to the office.
- 6:00pm Methodist Youth Fellowship (MYF) – Youth group meets on Wednesdays during the school year for middle school and high school young people.
- 6:30pm Evening Worship – A small, informal worship service in the prayer chapel which features a short message by the pastor or one of our lay speakers, singing accompanied by guitar or piano, prayer, and discussion.
- 7:15pm Prayer Group – Small group meets in the prayer chapel by the office to share prayer concerns and join in prayer. This group updates our prayer list for through-the-week prayer. Sometimes involves laying on of hands, anointing, and special prayers for healing.
Special Worship Events
- Christmas Eve – We usually offer two services Christmas Eve. These services feature special music and beautiful decorations as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
- Lent – In the season before Easter, our Wednesday evening services are held in the main sanctuary. A soup supper is usually served at 5:00pm before the service.
- Holy Week – The week immediately before Easter is a very special time in the church. We have special worship services and events to help you reflect on the death of Jesus Christ.
- Easter – The most important day of the year for Christians, as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the foundation of our faith and hope.
- 1860’s Revival Service – Mosinee UMC hosts the vintage-style worship during Mosinee’s annual Little Bull Falls LogJam Festival.
- Community Thanksgiving Service – Ecumenical service involving several local churches.
For details of days and times for special services, please contact the church office at 715.693.2125.